A notice from the Duke of Wellington
We’re pleased to announce we will re-open our doors on Thursday 9th July.
Since we were last opened, we have been hard at work redecorating the Duke of Wellington and getting ready to welcome you once again.
The safety & well-being of our guests and staff alike is our priority, to adapt to the new normal we’ve introduced a few simple rules for all to follow
- • Whether you wish to visit us for drinking or dining, please use our new online booking system to reserve a table (thus providing with those all-important details as per government guidelines for NHS Test & Trace purposes, we will only keep them for 21 days unless stated otherwise)
- • We can also reserve you a table in our beer garden but bear in mind at busy times we might not be able to relocate you inside should the British summer turns into monsoon!
- • A one-way system will be in operation, you will enter the premises via the side entrance (between the barns & the main pub) where our staff will greet you warmly (however this will be without handshakes or hugs) and show you to your table. Please follow the signage & one-way system during your time with us. Once we’ve said our thank you and goodbyes, you will be able to leave the premises through the front door of the pub. To prevent cross contamination, contactless & card payments would be preferred.
- •Once you’re all sat and settled, you will be able to order & pay for your food & drinks using our app on your smartphone (you can download it when you get to the Duke, WiFi will be readily available both indoor and outdoor) We will also have some single use menu for those without an electronic device.
- • Unfortunately, we will not be able to serve you or have a good ol’ natter at the bar, table service will be provided to you instead.
- • Our toilets will be in operation using a one in, one out basis to maintain social distancing. You will also find some sanitising gel dispenser next to the doors before you go in.
- • We ask parents to keep their children supervised & sat at the table at all times unless for visiting to the loo.
- • According to government guidelines, tables of 2 different households (including social bubble) and up to 6 people will be allowed inside and outside. And if your party is from more than 2 different households & up to 6 people, we will only be able to accommodate you outside.
- • At all times we ask you to remember and keep your social distance, we will have arranged our furniture to that effect too.
- • All staff on shift will only have one job working at the Duke of Wellington. We will have trained them all about the risks of COVID-19 and how to prevent any cross contamination or spread of the virus.
- • If you feel unwell, let us know & please do not visit us, we will happily rebook your table to a later date.
We are all aware times have changed & we all have to adapt to the new normal but please help us help you stay safe.
Thank you for your understanding & patience and we look forward to seeing you soon.